This 12 months course is a combo of Aviation, Hospitality and Tourism. It prepares you for giving wings to your career in Aviation, Hospitality and Tourism industry which are interlinked and are expected to grow with a rapid pace in the coming decade. The course curriculum prepares you for in-flight detailed, Cabin Crew/Air Hostess services, Ground staff, Hospitality and Tourism with a focus on developing interpersonal skills, Interview preparation and Airport Management Skills.
This course curriculum is designed in such a way that it covers in-depth knowledge of the following topics:
Study 5 days/week for 2 hours/day
17 – 24 Years
- Aviation: Students are trained in the skills required to become Cabin Crew. Students are trained on basic flight safety protocols, emergency routines and handling passengers on board. They are taught about different parts and functions of commercial aircraft and also about essential flight-related tasks such as embarkation and disembarkation procedures as well as onboard meal services techniques.
- Grooming: The course trains the student on grooming skills required in aviation, hospitality and tourism. Topics covered are here include skin and hair care, western and traditional attires, and basic grooming practices, dental care, professional makeup techniques.
- English & Personality Development: This highly interactive course helps student develop personality traits required to work in a professional environment. This course helps to get knowledge of positive attitude, anger management, empathy, perception, motivation and stress management and team building. This topic also includes inbuilt classes of spoken English.
- Customer Relationship: Under this topic, the student is made aware of what makes customer service exemplary. This course helps them with the skill sets to deal with ease even the difficult customers successfully.
- Hospitality and Reservation System (Ticketing): This module trains the student on the skills required in the hospitality industry. The topics covered in this course include handling guest arrivals along with check-in, checkouts, and mode of payment settlements.
- Tourism and Reservation System (Ticketing): This course trains the students on details of how airport functions including ticket reservations, check-in, cargo, and fare constructions.
- In-flight Familiarization: This course offers students to gain practical experience on the duties of a cabin crew while flying in an aircraft. This prepares the student for the challenges that may come up during the actual flight.
- Cabin Crew/Air Hostess
- Airline Operations
- Passenger Handling
- Baggage Handling
- Floor Operations
- Tour Leader
- Customer Care Executive
- Guest Relationship Officer